In 1893 a little light was placed on a hill in North Denver. Through the years it has grown brighter and brighter until now it is a great beacon, not only for Denver but also for the entire state, and its influence is felt across the world. That light is Beth Eden Baptist Church shining to the glory of God.
During the great panic of 1893, The Beth-Eden Centenary Baptist Church was dedicated on January 13th. One hundred years before this date George Washington laid the cornerstone of the national capitol. Perhaps it was because of this historical fact that the word "Centenary" was made a part of the church name. By common consent and usage this word and the hyphen between (Beth-Eden) have been dropped, but officially the name has never been altered from the way it appeared on the paper of incorporation filed April 25, 1893. However, the three words as they stand today, "Beth Eden Baptist," speak volumes in the church world.